In addition to writing Reconnomics, I lead a startup called KATALYST, focused on building virtual networks.
In response to the growing need to virtualize work, we are launching a network to share insights, techniques and best practices for working and collaborating virtually. Participation is free, and we are making our own internal collaboration app available to all participants at no cost.
This network is open to leaders tasked with virtualizing any of the following:
- A team, organization or multi-entity working group;
- A highly technical function (e.g., in engineering, scientific research, academia or medicine)
- A complex event or series of events (e.g., a conference that was canceled)
We will be organizing weekly learning sessions, featuring technical experts, researchers and network members. These sessions will be recorded and made available to members on a private channel. Sessions will focus primarily on the following topics:
- Using virtual to produce business outcomes and not just status reporting
- Short term versus long-term virtualization transformation
- Best practices for organizing and leading virtual meetings and events
- Analysis of specific virtual tools and platforms
- Impacts of virtualization on organizational structures and management
- Impacts of virtualization on team performance and measurement
- Techniques for virtualizing complex processes (e.g., patient care, IT deployment, product development, S&OP, etc.)
- Evolution and adaptation of content for virtual settings
We will also document and share all insights and discoveries with participating members for use by their respective organizations without restriction or cost.
The network will launch on March 25th. If you are interested in participating in this learning network, please reach out to us at email@example.com.
Thanks and all the best to all of you. Thank you for reading.